The Yukon Quest International Association (Yukon, Canada) is seeking an Operations/Office Manager.
The Operations and Office Manager (OM) is responsible for the effective and efficient day to day operations of the YQIA office and programs, including YQIA administrative operations, membership and volunteer programs, and planning and logistics for YQIA-hosted events.
This position is located in Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada and is full-time, year-round. Familiarity with sled dog races is recommended, but not necessarily required. This position includes significant amounts of contact with the general public, and requires a personable, diplomatic, well-organized and professional individual.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communications, including serving as the first point of YQIA contact for the general public, mushers, YQIA members and volunteers, etc.
- Administration, including all aspects of office operations and regular updates of the website.
- Training and supervision of Operations and Management staff, interns and contractors.
- Bookkeeping tasks and coordination with the bookkeeper and accountant, as required.
- Assistance with funding proposals and reports, as required.
- Maintain up-to-date the YQIA volunteer database, and YQIA Volunteer Program.
- Oversee all aspects of Membership Program, including recruitment, renewal programs, and database.
- Work closely with the Yukon Quest Online Store Manager, and Executive Director to coordinate and maximize sales and promotions of Yukon Quest merchandise.
- Oversee all aspects of coordination and administration for fundraising and public relations events.
- In coordination with Executive Director, oversee and be responsible for all YQIA-hosted event logistics including venue, food and beverage, sound and entertainment, liquor license (if applicable), insurance, etc. as necessary.
- Act as the primary YQIA contact for all musher inquiries and activities.
- Produce race-related materials, as appropriate and in conjunction with the Yukon Quest (Alaska) office.
- Demonstrated experience in prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to work well independently, and as part of a team.
- Ability to organize volunteers.
- Ability to perform under pressure and to short deadlines.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to remain flexible in a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (oral, written and computer).
- Public relations and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to create, draft and edit outgoing formal office correspondence.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, Drupal (or like website platform), Square (or similar POS).
- Experience working in an administrative or office environment.
- Experience working for business, not-for profit associations, and/or volunteer Board of Directors.
- Position may require working evenings and weekends, attending events, etc.
- Full time permanent position.
- Benefits – see YQIA Personnel Policy.
Submission of Applications:
Please send applications including resume, cover letter and references to the Yukon Quest Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 17, 2020.
For a more detailed job description, or to learn more about the position, please contact email@example.com.