The Yukon Quest Whitehorse office is looking for an engaging Operations Manager to support the Executive Director in the running of the office and planning for the upcoming race!
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Reporting to the Yukon Quest International Association (Canada) (YQIA) Executive Director, the YQIA Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient operations of the YQIA office and programs.
Working independently and in conjunction with the YQIA Executive Director, the Manager oversees YQIA administrative and financial operations, membership and volunteer programs, and performs the lead role in planning and logistics for YQIA-hosted events. This position includes significant amounts of contact with the general public, and requires a personable, diplomatic, well-organized and professional individual.
Ongoing communications with and regular reporting to the YQIA Executive Director are imperative.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Please download the Job Description for more details
• Demonstrated experience in prioritizing tasks;
• Ability to perform multiple tasks on an on-going basis;
• Ability to work well independently, and as part of a team;
• Ability to organize volunteers;
• Ability to perform under pressure and to short deadlines;
• Keen attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (oral, written and computer);
• Public relations and diplomacy skills ;
• Ability to create, draft and edit outgoing formal office correspondence;
• Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and web site information updating.
• Proven financial management skills;
• Ability to work closely with contracted bookkeeper and accountant.
• Minimum 5 years experience working in an administrative or office environment. Minimum 3 years experience working for business, not-for profit associations, and/or volunteer Board of Directors.
Full time permanent position
Benefits – see YQIA Personnel Policy
Please send your resume and cover letter to Marie-Sylvestre Belanger, Executive Director in Whitehorse via email, fax or mail.
Fax: (867) 668-6674
#2-1109 First Ave.
Whitehorse, YT Y1A 5G4