Formerly known as the "Starter Program", this program was created in response to mushers' desire to actively participate in raising funds to increase the race purse. This gives fans the opportunity to become the Quest Guest for their favorite musher.
Bidding for the 2017 Quest Guest Auction has begun!
Included in the Quest Guest Experience for 20177:
- Lunch with Musher on Thursday February 2nd, 2017 in Whitehorse
- One ticket to the Start Banquet to join your musher's table.
- Special Access Pass to the staging area before the race in Whitehorse on February 4th, 2017
- Ride in a "tag sled" with Musher for the first ~1.5 miles of the race
- Signed race poster
- Photo with your Musher
- Your name read by the announcer at the Start Line
- Quest Guest/Yukon Quest merchandise item
Individual mushers may also choose to add additional "perks" to their online auction at any time! Make sure to visit often and see what unique items or experiences are included in each mushers Quest Guest experience.
Net proceeds of this program are added to the race purse and directly benefit all finishing mushers.
Bidding closes Jan 20th, 2017 at 1PM, PST.
Testimonials from 2014:
"I had a marvelous time and had the pleasure of experiencing the fun of Fairbanks and the quiet of mushing on the river - a bit of the magic of the Yukon Quest" - Dawn Beckwell
"The new Starter Program for the Yukon Quest is an awesome experience! It allowed me a chance to hang out with ‘my’ musher, meet the dogs and the handlers, and really get a feel for how much work goes into just getting to the starting line. I felt like a part of the Quest family, from the lunch with the mushers to the shuttle back from our drop-off point. The excitement of start day is unbelievable." - Sharon Johnston
"It truly was an experience of a life time which I hope to repeat" - Betty Miller