The Operations Manager is responsible for the management, support and coordination of activities specific to the daily operation of the Yukon Quest office and the promotion and support of the Yukon Quest International Sled Dog Race. Although the primary focus of this position is directed at daily operations it also requires occasional involvement with evening and weekend projects off premise. Additionally, back up support for the Sales and Events Manager’s duties and reasonability’s as required. Supervisor - Executive Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Including but not limited to:
Oversee daily office operations
- Creating, organizing and managing the daily office procedures and systems
- Managing human resources including compliance, personnel development, etc.
- Providing office support as necessary including correspondence, answering telephones, errands, making copies, assisting with the appearance of the office space, etc.
- Manage the Volunteer Program in Alaska
- Develop a Volunteer Recognition Program with the Executive Director
- Work with the Yukon Director to ensure consistency within the volunteer program
- In conjunction with the Sales & Events Manager, recruit volunteers for YQIL events
- Respond to all musher-related enquiries
- Receive and process musher entries for the YQ1000, YQ300 and Junior Yukon Quest
- Disseminate race-related information to mushers as required
- Maintain a musher database
- Post musher profiles on www.yukonquest.com
- Engage mushers in all Yukon Quest fundraising events
- Coordinate the Rookie Workshop and pre/post race Mushers Administrative meeting.
- Work with Yukon Director to ensure consistency in information dissemination
Race Management Administrative Support
- Provide necessary administrative support to Race Management to insure all documentation necessary for the successful running of the Yukon Quest International Sled Dog Race and YQ300 is in place and filed with the appropriate parties
- Assist with providing volunteers necessary to producing the race
- Insure active communications regarding meetings, minutes and administrative documentation are established and maintained with key volunteers (Race Marshal, Head Vet, Checkpoint Managers, Communications Lead, etc.)
- Develop working relationship (in addition to Race Manager) with government agencies to follow up on compliance of all permits and customs requirements
Gaming – Pull Tabs
- Become a YQIL Alternate Member in Charge
- Process Pull Tab games requests, create invoices and ensure Pull Tab games are delivered to vendors in a timely manner
- Monitor and provide assistance to insure bookkeeper basic tasks are completed in a timely manner when necessary.
- Other non-routine bookkeeping responsibilities as required
Support Executive Director by
- Assisting with the coordination of special projects (i.e. sponsor support & recognition, media information, mail outs, and events as required)
- Assisting with the development of reports for the Board of Directors
- Assist at YQIL local events
- Assist with race time activities and events (as required)
- Strong working knowledge of PC computers including software such as Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge including use of QuickBooks Pro is desired
- Must have good working knowledge of standard office procedures and office equipment.
- Familiarity with membership program development is desired.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task is a necessity.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of sled dog sports and/or the Yukon Quest specifically is desired.
- Must have dependable transportation.
Valid Driver’s license and ability to provide own transportation
Ability to travel to Canada or any foreign countries on behalf of the organization is required, including the ability to obtain a valid passport
This position is full time and year-round.
Starts at $15.00 per hour - DOE
Fax resume and cover letter to 907-452-7959 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by May 22, 2019.