The Sales & Events Manager is responsible for the Yukon Quest Merchandising Program and in the production of Special Events for the promotion and support of the Yukon Quest International Sled Dog Race. The Sales & Events Manager is responsible for merchandise assortment, sales planning, promotional cadence and pricing. The primary focus of this position is to grow sales at the Retail and On-Line Stores and through Fundraising Events in addition to increasing visibility through Special Events to generate a larger customer base. Additionally, back up support for the Operations Manager’s duties and responsibilities as required. Supervisor - Executive Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Including but not limited to:
Oversee Daily Retail Operations
- Provide/create merchandise selections for review and approval with Executive Director.
- Responsible for supervising the daily operation of the Yukon Quest retail store.
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of online store.
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction for all customers.
- Maintain current and accurate inventory and pricing.
- Prepare reconciliation sheets, sales, and inventory reports as required.
- Report and answer directly to the Executive Director on all matters pertaining to Sales and Events execution.
- Merchandise sales coordination for all Yukon Quest events.
- Execute standard procedures for sales and events to ensure consistency. Lead coordination of events includes planning, implementation, and final event summery report. Work with Executive Director to develop annual schedule for planning purposes
- Manage and develop the Membership Program in Alaska
- Initiate a membership drive and examine other membership generating initiatives
- Ensure that membership inquiries are responded to in a timely fashion
- Maintain the membership database and ensure it is up-to-date
- Fulfill all membership requirements (correspondence, patches, mail outs, AGM packages, etc.)
- Work with the Yukon Office to ensure program consistency and messaging
Support Executive Director by
- Assisting with the coordination of special projects (i.e. sponsor support & recognition, media information, mail outs, and events as required)
- Assisting with the development of reports for the Board of Directors
- Assist at YQIL local events
- Assist with race time activities and events (as required)
- Previous retail and merchandising experience is required.
- Must have dependable transportation.
- Knowledge of inventory control and display.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task is a necessity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with Yukon Quest International Sled Dog Race is desired.
- Strong working knowledge of PC Computers including software such as Microsoft Office Suites
Valid Driver’s license and ability to provide own transportation
Ability to travel to Canada or any foreign countries on behalf of the organization is required, including the ability to obtain a valid passport
This position is full time and year round
Starts at $15.00 per hour – DOE
Fax resume and cover letter to 907-452-7959 or email email@example.com by May 22, 2019.