Yukon Quest International Association (Yukon, Canada) is looking for an Executive Director to join our team.
The YQIA Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the strategic direction and business operations of the Yukon Quest organization in Yukon, including revenue generation, financial management, community relations, operation of the office, working with contractors, and organization/planning of the race.
Position is located in Yukon, Canada and is full-time, year-round. Familiarity with sled dog races is strongly suggested, but not necessarily required.
Under the authority and direction of the Board of Directors, and in accordance with established policies and procedures of Yukon Quest International Association (YQIA) (Canada), the Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the effective and efficient execution of the YQIA’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values overseeing the strategic direction and business operations of the YQIA.
To accomplish this, the ED:
• Directs the overall operations, budgets and capital assets of YQIA. Manages all permanent, part-time and contract staff in the Yukon.
• Directs the overall programming of the organization in the Yukon.
• Promotes the organization and the Yukon Quest to the general public, media, sponsors and key stakeholders.
• Manages the image of the organization in partnership with the Board of Directors. Provides regular reporting and ongoing communication with the Board of Directors. Fosters a strong working relationship with Yukon Quest International, Ltd. in Alaska.
• Demonstrated experience in prioritizing tasks. Proven financial management, marketing, and planning skills.
• Ability to organize, manage and motivate staff and volunteers. Ability to perform multiple tasks on an on-going basis.
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to resolve issues and deliver a successful race.
• Ability to perform under pressure and work effectively under numerous deadlines. Ability to select, manage and evaluate contractors.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (oral, written and computer). Demonstrated public relations and diplomacy skills.
• Ability to write reports, funding applications and news releases. Ability to prepare and oversee outgoing formal office correspondence.
• Proven fundraising abilities for a not-for-profit organization.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and website maintenance and updating.
For additional information on the position, please request a copy of the Terms of Reference outlining the Executive Director’s Job Description.
For questions or to submit resume and references, please contact the Yukon Quest President, Bev Regier: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to submit is February 15, 2019.