We first got sled dogs in Fairbanks while attending UAF. Paige studied squid for her Master's Thesis and we decided to name our little homestead Squid Acres as a cute little joke. It stuck.
Musher Q & A
Fell into it while living in Fairbanks AK.
We choose funny themes.
I placed 3rd in the last YQ1000 mile race and I'm excited to see Canadian friends and the trail again.
Spending time exploring nature with our best friends.
At this point almost every dog was bred and raised by us. It's fun to experience the wilderness with your furry kids!
I have always loved the hospitality at stepping stone. It makes it one of my favorite sections of the trail.
All types of music.
We have two awesome helpers this year. Anne is returning for a second year and Leni has been an awesome addition.
- 2022; Yukon Quest 550 Alaska: Position; 4th
- 2021; Race: Iditarod; Finish Position: 20th
- 2020; Race: Yukon Quest 1000; Finish Position: 3rd (Vets Choice Award)
- 2019; Race: Yukon Quest 1000; Finish Position: 12th
- 2018; Iditarod; Finish Position: 29th
- 2017; Iditarod; Finish Position: 30th